At Smile in Thornhill Dental Care, you are our first priority. From the moment you walk in the door, we make it our mission to meet all your dental needs. Our goal is for your first visit to our office to turn into a lifelong relationship with our practice.
Your first appointment with our team will take approximately 60 minutes. Please arrive a few minutes early to complete your New Patient Form and get familiar with our office. You may also download and complete the Patient Form and bring it with you to your appointment.
What you can expect during your first visit to Smile in Thornhill Dental Care:
A Review of Your Dental Care History – During your first visit, we will review your dental care history, as well as any concerns you currently have about your oral health.
A Complete Oral Exam with X-rays – Our team will do a complete oral exam, including
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
A Concise Oral Health Plan – At the end of your first visit, we will prepare recommendations for your total oral health, which will include full oral maintenance, as well as the potential of additional dentistry services that you and your doctor agree upon. We strive to keep all of our patients up to date and educated regarding their dental care to ensure you fully understand all of your dental care options.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Previous X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
If your previous dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6 months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office.